People and Culture
Year in Review 2021: Moving ‘Forward and Onward Together’
Stories@Gilead - May 02, 2022 - 1 min read
In fall 2021, students at two universities learned about therapeutic development directly from Gilead specialists. The program, designed to introduce underrepresented students to careers in the biopharmaceutical industry and at Gilead specifically, is just one of many efforts to promote inclusion and diversity that made meaningful advancements in 2021.
These advancements are celebrated in the 2021 Year in Review, “Forward and Onward Together.”
The report spotlights how science and collaboration helped Gilead support access to medicines to reach people across the world. It also features Gilead’s progress toward environmental and sustainability goals, its partnerships to address barriers to care in global communities and how it adapted ways of working to fit employees.
Additional highlights include:
- Enhanced innovation across the pipeline: Gilead made important progress across its therapeutic area portfolio with regulatory approvals and promising data readouts.
- Increased access to medicines: Gilead expanded access to medicines and continued its response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Deepened commitment to communities: The company partnered with organizations working to advance health equity and address social justice.
- Progressed toward environmental and sustainability goals: Gilead drove change by working in a way that protects the planet, and 2021 was marked by significant strides in the evolution of its environmental sustainability program.
- Strengthened workforce support: The company adapted its health and wellbeing benefits and ways of working to fit the needs of employees, and worked to create a more inclusive and diverse culture.
Read more in the online version of the Year in Review 2021.