2020 Year in Review: Rising Beyond
Stories@Gilead - May 04, 2021
Last year was a year like no other, as the pandemic affected every aspect of our lives and reshaped the way we work. Gilead rose to the challenge, helping to address COVID-19 while also continuing to innovate and deliver much-needed medicines to people around the world.
Gilead did this work in a way that was socially responsible and environmentally sustainable. In the 2020 Year in Review, titled “Rise Beyond” and released today, learn more about what we did in 2020 – and how the company is contributing to making the world a healthier place.
- Responding to COVID-19: Gilead leveraged its deep expertise in virology to develop and deliver a treatment for COVID-19 for millions of people around the world.
- Innovation in HIV and antivirals: The company made significant progress advancing research for its investigational long-acting antiviral for the treatment and prevention of HIV and continued to pursue the ultimate goal – a cure.
- Growth in oncology: Through acquisitions, partnerships and internal efforts, Gilead added to its commercial portfolio and clinical pipeline.
- Commitment to people and communities: Through both internal programs designed for its employees and external giving programs and partnerships, Gilead focused on social justice and health equity.
- Plans to further reduce our environmental impact: Gilead committed to setting ambitious new goals around climate and energy.
Read more in the online version of the 2020 Year in Review.